A birthday spent surrounded by tonnes and tonnes of bird food……. heaven!!! Yes, really! Today, I travelled up to Driffield in East Yorkshire to visit the factory where all the Nature’s Feast bird food is produced and packaged and to meet with some of the team. I will be working more with Nature’s Feast in 2012 and they have kindly sponsored my live stream this year.
Have you ever thought about what happens in the background, to get that packet of Nature’s Feast bird food to your bird table? I know I had never considered the procedures and processes to bring that product to my feathered friends. I was astounded at the factory visit today. I will be doing a more detailed ‘Behind the scenes’ review on my website over the next week or so, but a few facts to keep you going until then:
– They are the largest producer of wild bird food in Europe, producing more than 2,300 tonnes of food per week in the harsh weather last winter!
– The UK’s largest importer of peanuts (even larger than KP nuts!)
– The first bird food company to achieve a British Consortium Grade A (This accreditation is the same one that is used to for human food and a grade B is acceptable for our food in supermarkets!)
– They deal with about 150 different raw products
– They produce about 600 products for wild birds, including 150 feeders and accessories
– An innovative company, they produce in the region of 20 new products per year.
Watch out for the article I will be writing on my website in the next week or so… and a big thanks for my Nature’s Feast birthday goodie bag… a couple more feeders and some bird food, which will be appearing on the WildlifeKate live streams very soon!
I am privileged to be working with and supporting this British company and I am very much looking forward to the coming year.